Home > Management Studio, SQL Configuration, SQLServer, SQLServer 2005, SQLServer 2008, SQLServer 2008 R2, SQLServer 2012 > SQL Server – How to connect to SQL Server when ‘sa’ account is disabled
  1. Manuel Acosta
    July 14, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Thank you very much. This comes in as a very handy solution. One of my customers will also greatly appreciate it.

2. July 16, 2013 at 3:11 am

I was wondering for several months how to login to an old SQL Server 2005, installed before I start to work here. Noone had the ‘sa’ password, and no Windows Authentication enable it. Thanks a lot for the article. A simple adjust though, cause ALTER SERVER ROLE, is a brand new command in SQL Server 2012, however the documented procedure ‘sp_addsrvrolemember’ completed the task perfectly in SQL Server 2005.

• July 16, 2013 at 3:26 am

I was wondering for several months how to login to an old SQL Server 2005, installed before I start to work here. Noone had the ‘sa’ password, and no additional Windows Login configured. Thanks a lot for the article. A simple adjust though, cause ALTER SERVER ROLE, is a brand new command in SQL Server 2012, however the documented procedure ‘sp_addsrvrolemember’ completed the task perfectly in SQL Server 2005

3. Joe
    May 6, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Great article! You can also enable the sa account by logging into Windows Authentication mode or using this software – SQL Server Password Changer.

4. Manish
    March 7, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Great post!. I had task to install one SDK that using SQL server username “SA”.
    There were no user “SA” in my database to proceed. Created successfully default sql username.

5. tex
    April 17, 2015 at 11:13 pm

In your statement here, “Replace MSSQLSERVER with service name on your system”. Where can I find the “service name”?

1. No trackbacks yet.